Scuba dive with a dive instructor
no certification necessary!
RecOn program pricing – open to U S Active Duty personnel or Air Reserve Component personnel assigned to Tyndall and their families: $25 Adults and Children ages 10 and up. Recon will fund $65 per participant – 80 spaces are offered at the reduced fee.
Veterans and DOD Civilians can participate for $90 each.
Check-in and training at Diver’s Den, 3120 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach – 850-234-8717 – you will be issued your diving equipment. All diving equipment is provided. There are multiple dates available.
Once you have watched a video and have your equipment, we head over to St. Andrews State Park ($8 admission per car to be paid by participants).
There will be 1 certified PADI professional per every 4 Participants.
All participants will need to go to Bonita Bay Outdoor Rec to sign up in advance.
**All participants must fill out a Medical Waiver which can be picked up at Bonita Bay or downloaded from diversdenpcb.com
This is approximately a 4 hour program, depending on the number of participants. The dive takes place at the jetties and is up to 40’ deep – Come enjoy the fun! What to BRING: Towel, swimsuit, sunscreen, and anything you might want to drink (no alcohol).
What you LEARN:
- Learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI professional
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like
- Find out what it’s like to breath underwater and learn if this is comfortable for you
- Learn safety rules
- Participants will need to provide their own transportation to Diver’s Den and pay the $8 admission per car to St. Andrew’s State Park.
- The biggest challenge these Instructors have is coaxing the participants out of the water!